Thursday 11 August 2016

REVIEW: Secrets of Ravenstone by Yza Dora

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Available: E-Book and Paperback

Released: March 28th 2015 (E-Book)
                July 30th 2016 (Paperback)


Links: Goodreads Amazon.com

Blog Website


Rating: 6/10



Synopsis:

Explore the journey of a young woman unable to fight a destiny unknown to her; once stepping foot through Ravenstone’s gates.

Chosen by an ancient and powerful magic, she must prove to the magic and herself, that she’s truly worthy of her destiny, as she’s put through rigorous training; testing her strength and will.

Experience the realism as all the characters come to life, dealing with evil and sinister occurrences. Feel the love between friends and love interests grow, and watch how hate and jealousy creeps into the fold.
Ravenstone. An adventure into another world altogether.

Will Yzavela pass the test, learn who to trust and accept her destiny?


Review:


Like many, this book has everything I love about reading: fantasy.

First off, I love the book cover. It fully expresses the theme of the novel and the story line. It captures its essence. 

The story is strong and well planned. I know for sure that I want to know what else is going to happen further into the series.

However, I felt as though the book was fast-paced. This isn't always a bad thing- but I personally felt it was too fast paced. I was confused at times to what was happening.


I really love the characters, especially the main character and her trusty dog/wolf companion (I think he's my favourite). All the characters are well thought out and interact well with one another. However, some relationships between characters are built far too quickly. Yza and Erik at one moment seemed to dislike each other and then seemed to be falling for one another the next. I felt as though their relationship in particular needed to built at a slower pace, the conversation between characters sometimes seemed stilted. But, that's just my personal opinion.

Despite this, I know I'm excited to read this next book. I do want to know where the story is going to lead. The world that has been created has great potential and I really can't fault it.
It made me want to keep reading- the story line really is strong and I'm really excited to see what happens next.

I do recommend this book: after all who doesn't love a bit of fantasy in their reading.




Has anyone read this book? Let me know your thoughts on the book below!



No comments:

Post a Comment