Tuesday 1 August 2017

REVIEW: Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill

Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult

Publisher: hmhteen

ISBN: 0544664469

Release Date: December 2017

Links: Goodreads, Amazon.com, B&N
Indigo, Instagram, Twitter, Website


Rating: 8/10


Summary:

Ever the Divided. Ever the Feared. Ever the Brave.


After saving King Aodren with her newfound Channeler powers, Britta only wants to live a peaceful life in her childhood home. Unfortunately, saving the King has created a tether between them she cannot sever, no matter how much she'd like to, and now he's insisting on making her a noble lady. And there are those who want to use Britta’s power for evil designs. If Britta cannot find a way to harness her new   magical ability, her life—as well as her country—may be lost.
The stakes are higher than ever in the sequel to Ever the Hunted, as Britta struggles to protect her kingdom and her heart.




Review:




**I was sent this book for free by hmhteen in return for my honest review**



This was fantastic! I've been craving the sequel since I read Ever the Hunted earlier this year and I was super happy to receive an arc!


I don't want to talk too much about the plot aside from what the synopsis mentions, but if you've read book one you can figure out the major plot point for this book.

I found the first half of this book somewhat similar to the first, but it was the second half that really did it for me. I loved the action and found myself guessing at what may happen.

This book features chapters from different characters perspectives- I both love and hated this. At the beginning I didn't care much for it but as the story progressed I found it really gripping. I loved reading from the King's perspective! That was probably my favourite other than Britta's.

All the characters are wonderfully written. We, of course, have many of the characters from the first book with the introduction of some new ones. But, Britta is still my favourite. I love her strength, independence and determination.

I love all the magic within the book. I'd love to learn more about channellers and spiriters (fingers crossed for a later novel!).

I know there is another book planned for this series and I really can't wait till it comes out! It's not planned until fall next year but maybe I'll get lucky and find myself with an advanced copy again?

All I can say is if you loved the first book you'll for sure love this one and be yearning for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment