Tuesday 12 September 2017

REVIEW: The Music Maker Series: Perception by A.K.R Scott

Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult

Publisher: Self-Published

ISBN: 0998508322

Format: E-Book, Paperback

Release Date: August 23rd 2017


Links: Goodreads, Amazon.com

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Website


Rating: 7/10


Synopsis:

Helaine was an ordinary musician with an extraordinary ability: she could smell sound.


That is, until she awoke from a mysterious three-day sleep.

The sudden loss of her extra sense ruins her summer apprenticeship and threatens to put her back in the infirmary indefinitely. And to top it off, her best friend, Nadja, has gone missing. No goodbye. No word. Nothing.
Helaine suspects at least two people know the truth about Nadja’s disappearance, but they’re not talking. If she wants answers, she’ll have to find them herself.

Amid rumors and interrogations, secrets and swarms, will Helaine uncover the truth she seeks, or is she doomed to mourn the loss of her best friend forever?




Review:



**I was sent this book for free from the author in return for my honest review**

I'll start off by saying that if you haven't seen my review of book one in the series, Inharmonic, be sure to check it out here.

I really loved the first book so I loved being invited to the street team for the author and being sent book two in this awesome series.

I wanted to take a second to mention the book cover. I love this one! Probably more than the first. The colours really work well together and I love the composition.


This time the book is from the view point of Helaine- the roommate and close friend from the main character in the first book. She was actually one of my favourite characters so I really enjoyed getting to know her more. Her story, character and secret power are really fascinating and a joy to read about. I love her caring nature and the determination she has to help her friends no matter the cost.


I'd love to learn even more about her past and her power later on in the series.

I'll admit I really wanted to know more about Nadja and her situation but I also loved getting to read from another character's point of view. I'm really looking forward to learning more about what Nadja has been going through though.

The book is very well written and exciting. I really loved the touch of mystery that has been thrown into the story. The conservatory in particular is always written beautifully in that I can picture myself there. The description is beautifully written and really draws me in and captivates me.

I'm really looking forward to reading more of the series.

Both the books are fun to read and you should definitely check them out if you haven't already.


No comments:

Post a Comment